Saturday, March 21, 2009


I was happy to find The Diary of Anne Frank, video, at Goodwill some time ago. Still had the price tag, I paid... $1.99. I clearly remember, lining up like cattle, in 8th grade and being led to the auditorium....single file, to view this movie. Up to that point in my life...I had absolutely no clue that WW2 even existed. In a nutshell.... this movie..done in black and white, and filmed in 1959...most certainly had a profound effect on me. Since our lessons centered around Anne Frank..and Tommie reading the book... we all laid around the living room watching this! Something about the horror of this lifestyle...did not interest us in making a bowl of popcorn. This movie was very, very suspenseful. The actors were outstanding! Very real. In doing research for this movie...I ran across this awesome website for Teaching With Movies! It has lesson plans and everything. There is a fee. But, it's not bad. I didn't sign up for it. But, I am certainly going to make notes of the suggested movies and age group. Here's the link: Teach With Movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment