Sunday, March 15, 2009

suprise gift!



Some boys draw beautiful pictures for their moms. Some, create love notes or cards just because. Or maybe a keepsake craft. Mine doesn't. And, never has. But, what he does do....is collect nature treasures for me. You see, here is where this story begins...all day yesterday, he was helping his dad in one of our vacant apartments. He helped tape and mud drywall... vacuum and general picking up--- while I was at Meijers taking big time advantage of their Tyson chicken breasts for just $3.99 a bag! My husband Brad, let Tommie run around the attic of this very old apartment house! To Tommie's surprise he discovered a whole bunch of mud wasp nests! They're hard as rocks! He wiggled these two (above) off the walls...put them in his cargo pockets and brought them home to me! It was really heartfelt... when he got home...he ran in the kitchen, hid them behind his back and took great pride in announcing..."Mom...I gotcha something you're really going to like!" Indeed, I do love them!

1 comment: