Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today, I made a hand's on game for using semi-colon's. I wrote several sentences out on construction paper... as you can see...I drew a semi-colon's on popsicle sticks. Tommie then worked independently on placing the semi-colon in it's proper place...which was a no brainer for him....however, I did make a homemade semi-colon worksheet up to use afterwards... but, it proved to be very challenging, since it was based on Anne Frank. I just love having homemade re-usable games on hand... because this household needs review!

One of my favorite stories around St. Patrick's Day is, Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie DePaloa. Each year, since Tommie has been a tot...I'd pull it out and read it. Don't laugh, but...this year- his 5th grade year, was no exception! Today, we sat on the couch and casually read it... I took this opportunity to teach him "cause and effect." I noticed in the spines that I use, I haven't covered that part of language arts. See, that's what's so good about homeschooling... you can catch up in a heartbeat...just by reading an Irish Folktale.

No comments:

Post a Comment