Monday, June 8, 2009

can't grasp the concepts!!!








just wanted to share these interesting pictures of our bee's. well, they're not exactly ours... we're just landlords to my brother-in-law's bee box. we're really getting a kick out of watching "him," take care of them. i'm trying to learn about the process...but i just think it's too complicated for me. there's a lot, a lot, a lot of work to maintaining these. sure makes me look at bees in a whole new light. and, i have a new respect for honey.
it reminds me of the metric system...which i was suppose to teach tommie last year and this year. i can't grasp that concept either. i've promised myself to buckle down and teach myself, sometime this summer and then bang it out with him in the Fall. i'm sure i'm opening up myself for debate here...but in all of my 45 years i've never needed to convert our math into metrics of vice-versa. other then how many liters of pepsi should i buy??? and if i need to know centimeters, i just grab the ruler out of our junk drawer and figure it out. i know, i know.... i shouldn't have that attitude.....but it's the truth. i did find this US/METRIC conversion chart... i plan to print it off... feel free to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a metric shunner too, so you aren't alone at all!!! Tell me 25 inches or 70 miles, I can see it in my head. Tell me 14 kilometers, and I'll just stare at ya...blankly...

    I have a phobia of bees. Not just a simple "I don't like", a serious "If it is here, I am not". Have had it since I was a child in Germany and saw a friend attacked by a swarm. We need bees...just *no where* near me!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete