Monday, November 9, 2009



At our homeschool co-op, I teach a class called Night at the Museum... based on characters in the movies. There isn't really a curriculum... so I just sort of make my own up. Last Friday, our class was based on Teddy Roosevelt. I printed up lots and lots of facts about him... then on a heavy poster board, the children designed their own board games. Well.... let me tell you.... the kids LOVED doing this.... many of the kids wrote on each square like my sample above and below... but I also typed up the facts for them to cut out and paste on any square then wanted. They were instructed to use as many facts as they could... so they could learn more. I also included spaces titled: The White House (a few squares would say go to the White House or Panama Canal), and of course, "go back to start, your turn, roll again, etc."
I can imagine.... this would work well with any famous historical person or scientist. It's a very good learning tool!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Great Idea !!!
    When I went on line looking for a Teddy Roosevelt game I had a feeling that it was a goose chase. You are so good about creating things for yourself. Thanks for sharing yet another great idea. I will be using this idea in our Georgia state history class. The kids will love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a class. There are so many ways you could take it. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete