Friday, November 6, 2009






more often then not... we unintentionally forget to incorporate art into our homeschool. on wednesday of this week... i didn't forget.


i pulled out our oil pastels and we both drew pictures of an autumn scene. very simple. with clean lines. afterwards, we dipped q-tips in baby oil and rubbed the color until it was smooth. all i can say is yowza! what a new addiction! i loved doing this... working with oil pastels has never been so fun!


try it! i promise you will love the results. i'm teaching a 1st grade literature class and the kids will be drawing still life and using this method. it's dreamy!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy, but when I was in high school I came across a similar project, but it used some awful chemical (paint thinner? or something like that). I finally got up the courage to try it and it smelled horrible, couldn't complete my own art project. Who knew you could do the same thing with baby oil? So simple! We'll definitely be doing this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove your "subtitle" on your blog. That sounds like how we do school, too!

    Beautiful art, thank you for the lesson! I didn't know to use baby oil.

    (p.s. Thanks for the nod to my Freely Educate blog in your sidebar! I'm honored!)

    ReplyDelete