Wednesday, January 28, 2009


After lunch yesterday, we scoured through our recycled bin and pulled out different shaped containers...filled them with colored water: we used food coloring and washable paint... and set them outside to freeze! Stay tuned for the final masterpiece......


We almost NEVER incorporate art into our homeschooling. But, yesterday we did. We sat down with Hugo Cabret's book... and took a pencils and cardstock and tried to copy the artwork. The picture above is what I did... now lean in....look close...can you see the eye in the number 5? The picture below is Tommie's.... we had a really fun time! It was really relaxing on a cold winter afternoon!

I'm sure glad I found the on-line dictionary (see my sidebar)... because I had no idea, how to pronounce automaton. I was way off! The word appears over and over again in the book... Incase you're not sure either...it's pronounced: ah-tom-ah-ton.


1 comment: