Sunday, January 11, 2009

Homeschool Co-op!

On Friday, we headed to our homeschool co-op classes! I thoroughly enjoy seeing, talking, giggling, swapping stories and networking with like-minded moms..really I do! However... you knew "however" was coming, right? However, Friday was nothing but a 5-hour social club, for both Tommie and myself. Two hours at that pace, is about all I can handle, before I start feeling like an unproductive blowfish. Perhaps, it was the fact that I felt like a 13 year old with hard cramps and her first period, or maybe it was the pasta salad, I had at lunch, that was expanding in my stomach? Or maybe it's because the classes I chose for Tommie are uneventful and not challenging and we're not allowed to change classes mid-semester anymore... there I said it Lisa...I liked your system better...where we had more choices-more variety- and fresh opportunities for classes we could offer our children.


3 comments:

  1. I'll say it too, Michele. I like the mid-semester change up. After all, we homeschool for variety among other things. I'm tired of teaching my classes and Shiloh is tired of her first class being so long(it runs for 1st and 2nd hour.) They do change rooms frequently, but she is not impressed.

    Friday was a wierd day. It may be better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am pretty over teaching my classes but then I wasn't really that enthusiastic to begin with. Maybe because they are so small in size it really just feels like babysitting for 50-minutes. The boys really look at it as a time to get out of the house and hang with friends which is fine. I'm past getting any real educational value out of it. But I love having my bi-monthly check ins with you, Rhonda and the other fun moms!!

    ReplyDelete