Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recycled Trash Stash!

Well? What do you think of this?
It's our handy, every-so-useful recycled bin!
Located in the basement. Yet, easy access!
Handy for science supplies. Art supplies. Ebay packaging supplies. And, if you look close, maybe you can see a stack of mesh tomato bags....ready to be filled with homemade bird suet! When I'm feeling really, super creative...I can even make games out of some of this junk! When Tommie was little... I used to fill a laundry basket full of these odds and ends...give him a roll of Dollar Store scotch tape and let him invent! It kept him occupied, creating and thinking. And, it was cheap entertainment.
My favorite item to stash are the tomato bags- for suet...what sort of things do you keep and what do you use them for?

2 comments:

  1. I have a tote filled with the same items you have. The thing we seem to use the most is plastic lids from containers of cottage cheese and sour cream. They come in handy to squirt glue on for ease of use, and as a paint palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, I gotta tell ya...for an unschooler, you are the most *hands-on* unschooler I have *EVER* seen!!! Very very cool stuff!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete