Friday, March 13, 2009

This week, I've decided to pull out the fun and games...which I've stashed for "someday, we'll do this ________!" Make sense? I mean, fess up here.... haven't you bought things and thought, "Oh, this will be really great for homeschooling!" ------ yet you seldom use them, if at all? I've posted a picture of just a few things we've used this week...

--From the bottom up:

-a homemade geography box, filled with geography questions...the questions were cut up from an geography question and answer booklet.

-punctuation bingo game: do you know how exciting playing punctuation bingo is with an only child? Need I say more? This is heading to the sale box at our homeschool co-op! I'm sure it would be fun and effective with more players! What was I thinking?

-a deck of memory match-up bird cards! I had to laugh to myself, when Tommie wanted to play this.. this is a game we played often when he was much younger...5 and 6 years old! Regardless, memory match up is a good exercise at any age.

-the big jar with the hamburger on it .... is a homemade math problems... question and answer jar. He dips his hand in and pulls out a few problems to figure.

Another thing we've done this week... I humbly admit, we haven't done much in the way of human anatomy. I did it... clearing my throat...I pulled out a WORKBOOK and vowed that for just a half an hour a day...each day this week, we'd trudge through it. Of course, I had to have a cheerleader attitude....but, man-o-man, I'll be glad when this is over!

We worked on bones yesterday... I had Tommie fill in the blanks-- label and name the bones. Then, I had him stand up and I'd have him point to his tibula, patella, clavicle, ulna. It's taking some time to learn all the bones...but, standing up and pointing, sure beats pushing the number 2 pencil!

Our chapter in Apologia Astrology, has been quite interesting, too!

So, what were some of your fun and games this week?


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been lurking (I admit) and decided it was about time to say "hello" and let you know I really enjoy your blogs!!!
    This week I pulled out our old Rummy Roots to go along with Greek & Roman History! Frankly, this card game never thrilled me but my Anna goes for any game and if it goes along with school - awesome!
    Thanks for inspiring me!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun and games here this week. lol Nose to the grindstone, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astrology? Don't you mean "astronomy" lol??

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete