Monday, April 13, 2009

At times, I wonder if I'm doing too much? Or not enough? Or am I dropping the ball, with homeschooling? This blog-journal, really helps me "see" what really is getting done! And, not to beat myself up too much... if you're a homeschooler and struggle with these thoughts, I urge you to open an account and start blogging about your days! And, be sure to send me your link! I love hearing about other homeschool days! That said, here's what was done today:

  • math with ratios and fractions
  • read a great book on The Maya's and did oral discussion about Central America and map work.
  • spelling words from Li Lun (wow! Tommie really missed a lot!) He wrote them 10x ea.
  • Reading Comp workbook page from a workbook! Yep, every now and again I throw in a time-filler workbook! This story was about recycling.
  • read a chapter in Li Lun out loud
  • learned about inference and how to apply it to literature
  • lunch for Tommie- ham leftovers. lunch for me- salad with turkey pepperoni
  • cursive handwriting practice- Bible scripture Romans 14:19 with discussion!
  • tonight: he spent lots of time on my laptop. returning email replies and self-taught how to download pictures and use a site my friend Lisa's son gave him. He's had a ball with faceinhole.com and self taught lots of different/fun stuff to himself!
  • tonight- we'll continue our read aloud: From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

I didn't realize schools in this area were off school today. Sure glad Tommie didn't know! It would of been a doozy of a day! Surprised? Oh, now really...you didn't think everything was perfect in the house! We're entering preteen HorMOnes!

1 comment:

  1. Glad he enjoyed faceinhole! They can learn a lot about manipulating digital images with something like that.

    ReplyDelete