Wednesday, April 15, 2009


God Bless the mother, who's children give her no trouble. The children who never cop attitudes, always and willingly do their lessons and chores...and ask for more- cheerfully. I don't have that. I know, I know... you thought I lived in the perfect world, where everything is shabby chic pink and always gleeful. Always happy. A child who is eager to learn...at ALL times! Isn't that what all the homeschool books said? And, besides that... didn't the homeschool books say that your family relations will be strengthend?

That said, I need assurance. Is everything always perfect at your homeschool? Please, tell me you have days like this:

Yesterday:
  • math went well
  • short break
  • I had laid out a workbook page on writing yes or no, if the pre-printed sentence had quotation marks in the right place.. very easy! My son came to the table, looked at it and sat their staring into outer space. "Tommie, do your work," I said while folding the second load of laundry. "I can't, I don't know what to do," say's he in his most pitiful, helpless whiny voice. "Tommie, read the directions...it's easy," says I, trying not to come off sarcastic. Finally, after much procrastination... I Did INDEED get a little sarcastic, okay a lot...and he blows up. For one solid hour we bickered back and forth...gaining nothing. It snowballed out of control...he insists I am the only mother on the planet who doesn't love their child, who is the only one who yells, and the only mother who is mean to their child.
  • Lunch
  • Back to lessons.
  • He did the quotation worksheet in under two minutes. Perfectly. 100%. Of course, I, the bad mother had to remind him that I knew he could do it and if he didn't blow up and just do as I originally asked, none of this would of happened.
  • Did our Presidents study, which included research, cursive, and learning about Lemonade Lucy.
  • Read Li Lun
  • Spelling
  • and...to make up for the lost hour... we extended our school day one hour longer! I had him write a one-page persuasive paper on military war weapons. Which was really awesome.

Tell me, am I the only bad mother who has days like this?

2 comments:

  1. With four kids, it's a rare day that ONE of them (at least) doesn't have some issue like that. Today it was one during Bible lesson and another one a bit later, oh yeah, snack time. And the day is only half over. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, not at all!!! We had some of those this week - I explained on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete