Tuesday, April 21, 2009


I just received a really nice comment from Teresa in Texas, one post back. I'm glad to "meet" you. And, I hope you find lots of treasures in your algae pond water! Let me know! I may just be borrowing YOUR idea, today!
I've committed to having three extra boys in my home, each Thursday throughout May. And, one little girl. My only child will think Disneyland has arrived...but, my husband will want to see something educational accomplished. So, I found this awesome website- for science lesson plans. I've already used the salmon-mini lesson for one of our co-op classes and the boys loved it. I loved it, because it's all laid out for you. It's for grades K-12. AND IT'S ALL FREE!

1 comment:

  1. It turns out that I am microscope challenged ~ my husband came in and had to help with the microscope and viewing the creek water and algae.... he and my son found lots of interesting wiggly things. I think that I need a good "how to" microscope lesson!! Thanks for the free lesson plans above. We just finished with our scheduled science for this school year and I promised son that we would spend the rest of the year just doing experiments and explorations; this site will be quite useful. Came across a neat series of books at the library this week: Science Works series by Jacqui Bailey. This week we read "Charged Up: the Story of Electricity" and "A Drop in the Ocean; The Story of Water". each book has an experiment in the back (I think that we'll do both experiments on Friday).

    I'm glad that we went to the creek on Monday...the weather was perfect and mild. Today it is 90 degrees. ick! I wish that TX had MI weather! :-)

    Love your blog! You are someone I'd love to be neighbors with! Have a great rest of your week!
    Teresa In Texas

    ReplyDelete