Monday, May 4, 2009





Homeschooling on Monday, May 4, 2009:
After an over stimulating weekend of Boy Scout camping and horsing around... Monday was a very, very relaxed homeschool day.
I set Tommie up at the computer for on-line lessons of 5th Grade Interactive Activities (the link is in my sidebar) and let him self-teach himself how to make movies with "rolling credits" and organize his computer files and pictures. I called this the morning in the "computer lab!"
He did a lot of silent reading... The Living Mountain and his Boy Scout handbook on ax, saw and knife safety.
To tell you the truth, this afternoon found him overwhelmingly crabby. Very argumentative. He needed a nap. A long nap! After his attitude cooled off... he settled in to making a leather craft. I intended to do our read-aloud at this point...but, honestly...just wanted to go in the kitchen, alone and make peanut butter cookies. So, I did.
We had 4H tonight...and as long as I've been attending these meetings...I never knew rabbits had two uteruses (spelling?) and can coceive one time and give birth on two seperate days.
Tomorrow's a new day...I hope my over-tired, hormonal pre-teen is a little bit happier. Did you know, I'm the only mom in the whole world who yells at their child?


2 comments:

  1. No, no. *I* am the meanest mom ever. Just ask Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS LIKE TOMMIE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND, AND YOU TOO!! WHEN I CAMPED MY TENT DIDNT LOOK LIKE YOURS!! YOU GO GIRL!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete