Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday Homeschooling:

Besides basics?

We did a short unit on conifers and identifying different trees found in a conifer forest. Spruce, Fir, Cedar, etc. We were also able to recap how there's really very little decomposition in those types of forests, hence not a lot of humus happening, either.

Today we did a mini-lesson on flower parts. We've done this in the past...but, I really don't expect Tommie to retain the parts of a flower from year to year...so, review is good for us. What's a pistil and where is a stamen and what does the sepal do? He did a little sketch and labeled the parts.

Yesterday, we covered Joan of Arc. Have you been to this website?
Garden of Praise. It's a great site for free printable stories and fun printable worksheets on tons of famous people! I was glad to have it in my favorites for a quick printable living lesson!

Well, I must get busy...tomorrow, I'll be homeschooling 4 boys and one little girl.. I've decided to have a Shakespeare Camp. Tomorrow, the boys will be building house with thatched roofs and a model of the Avon River. And, whatever else I find on-line!





No comments:

Post a Comment