Thursday, May 14, 2009

Homeschooling Thursday:

For the month of May, each Thursday morning... I volunteered to watch my childhood friend's children, who are also homeschooled. The morning, for 8 am until 1 pm, is spent having a rip-roaring, good old time! The boys played outside most of the morning. The 5 year old girl, is a real pleasure! It is refreshing to have a young child in my home, again. Today, I spent a great deal of time with her on my lap and me reading her a stack of books from Five in A Row's curriculum! Such fond memories I have with Madeline, Duchess Bakes a Cake and A New Coat for Anna! It was nice to go back into the pages of old friends!

After the children left, Tommie did just the basics. Math, reading and spelling. No big milestones. No challenging, new concepts, no hand's on projects .... But definitely a happy day for everyone. With healthy childhood memories. Good old-fashioned outdoor games: Capture the Flag, Hide and Seek and tag. It doesn't get any better than this, for an only child.

No comments:

Post a Comment