Monday, June 22, 2009


"i've dreamed of having a tether ball all of my life!" is what my 11 year old, with drama in his voice mentioned to me while shuffling through Wal-mart. in the sporting section, we found a nicely packaged set: two different balls, heavy cord and a really flimsy pole, which by looking... i knew my husband would say it was "junk." for $11.92, i bought it anyway. my husband, being a child in the 60's and 70's... played this a lot... A LOT, before it became not politically correct in public places. i played it, too....but never won. too afraid of getting bopped with the ball. long story short, brad dug a hole, brought out his level and anchored a big heavy metal pole that he had in his barn and poured cement. the baby's permanent! for $15. (cost for the home depot cement $3. for 80 lb. bag) it is erect in my yard. truth is, by watching brad bounce around with the post hole digger, i'm not really sure now, who's dream it was. brad or tommie's? regardless, i'm sure it will bring out more of the testosterone in them... don't you think so?

1 comment: