Friday, February 6, 2009



First things first. We finished the book, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret," ..... if you remember my blog entry a few posts back, I mentioned that our persnickety librarian- shot down this book and freely told me how much she disliked it. Well, for the record...IT WAS EXCELLENT! In some spots, it was a little deep for my son...but it really did have profound wisdom towards the end...and the last page, really made you smile, snap your fingers and think. I had to break it down and discuss the ending with Tommie, so he understood the authors point. I'm thinking our persnickety librarian isn't into deeper thinking and defiantly isn't into seeing the world differently. To each his own...but this didn't win the Caldecott for nothing! Okay, off my soapbox.
Here's a couple of good freebie links you might like to include in your homeschool:
Tomorrow, I'll unveil what's this picture is about....well....okay, here's a hint: it was a great art project, made from recycled items around the house, useful, quirky and made from start to finish in less then 2 hours.
YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO TRY THIS ONE!

1 comment:

  1. we had to send hugo back before we were finished waaaaahhhhh! but were back on the list to get it again! i'm glad you guys had a good time with the book

    ReplyDelete