Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yesterday, Friday... we finally did an art project, that I've been wanting to do for some time! The idea actually came from Lynn at A Mother's Journal blog (the link is on my smile, wink, nod blog!) Mosaics! I always save these wooden crates, that clementines come in... it occurred to me, just yesterday...that they would make wonderful outdoor flower planters in the springtime! Especially since they already have holes in the bottom of them, for drainage.

Remember, in my previous post...the picture of a towel? Well, inside that towel were several chipped dishes that I had no use for... I had Tommie wrap them up and take a hammer to them...smashing bits and pieces into mosaic art pieces!


Using self-adhesive grout, broken plates, buttons, sparkly gems and odds and ends...we created these flower planters! I think this one will be adorable with an herb plant in it on our patio in the summer! Oh, I should mention...Tommie did this one, using a coffee can. I wish he would of used more grout...but he had his own ideas of what "his" art should be....

This is the one I made out of a clementine wooden box... I can't wait to plant pink and purple annuals in it! And, I especially look forward to making more of these! I just looooovvve those quick and quirky crafts!








5 comments:

  1. Ok Michele would you please stop posting these wonderful ideas!!!! (Of course you know I'M KIDDING) I never thought to do this. I have been wanting to do mosaics since I started reading Lynn's blog last year. You know I'll be saving all my trash now don't you!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that clementine box! Adorable!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me try again lol... I've always wanted to try mosaics, that and spinning a pot on a pottery wheel! I just love how cute they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, they are beautiful! I love yours. Really, really do! And, hey, I can see the beauty in Tommie's too! My boys like to do things their way too.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete