Sunday, February 8, 2009


Not only are homeschool mom's... lesson planning, throwing a load of towels in, disciplining, answering phone calls, trying to be a perky teacher... laying a firm foundation for the love of learning into their super-ultra obedient and always willing children... they're also the school nurse, janitor, art teacher, historian-try-to-be, grocery-getter, driver and let us not forget of course...we try to capitalize on every possible teachable moment that crosses our path! On sick days...we don't have a substitute to step in and cover us...even on our worse days, we press on! It's a wonder, my roots aren't grown out farther then they are.. that reminds me, I need to shave my legs! Look, I only have one child. I know I'm wiped out at the end of the day... I'm not sure, OKAY CLUELESS as to how those with more then one, do it? Which brings me to yet another hat, that we as homeschool mom's wear...that is SCHOOL LUNCH COOK! WHAT DO YOU MAKE FOR YOUR CHILDREN'S LUNCH? For us, it's a garden salad or peanut butter sandwich and chips. Occasionally, it's a little platter of ham, crackers and cut up vegetables. Soup: chicken noodle, potato leek and vegetable. Today it occurred to me.. I could make freezer hot lunches! So, I did that today. I made eight lasagna lunches, with mini peasant bread (above). I put the meals into single servings...because I know if I made extra...my fork would be dipping into the dish! WHAT'S COOKING AT YOUR PLACE?

1 comment:

  1. I made the peasant bread in my large muffin tin and that worked well!

    For lunches, we do sandwiches a couple times a week, but more often we have planned leftovers. I try to cook enough at dinner that we can have it for lunch the next day too. Soup is another favorite, as well as quesadillas. I try to have lunches be quick to make.

    ReplyDelete