Tuesday, March 3, 2009


You know, when I was in public school...St. Patrick's Day meant you wore green to school and maybe did a circle word about the Irish or a color page of a leprechaun.
My church is teaching us a ton of history! This past Sunday, we had a short message about the life of St. Patrick and the band played and sang a song that St. Patrick wrote hundreds of years ago... Be Thou My Vision. I've heard it for years and all along, I thought Van Morrison wrote it! Listen to this: Be Thou My Vision. I hope it plays for you. It's just beautiful.
So, our read aloud, The Life of Saint Patrick (1955) has blended nicely with our church message that we received on Sunday. Imagine, how exciting it was for me to read this today: "My life belongs to You, Dear Lord. I will dedicate it to You and forever do Your will. Please reveal to me what Your will is," prayed St. Patrick, after realizing God has a very special plan for him. ------This was the exact same message we received on Sunday!
Nice.

3 comments:

  1. That just makes it twice as cool to be a St. Patrick's baby :)!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read about St. Patrick in Mystery of History. Quite an impressive guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya just love it when things work out like that... it's happened twice now that Riley has went to church with my mom or mil and the next Monday we've went to do the bible story and it was the same one he heard in church AND he remember enough to fill us in!

    ReplyDelete